How Pubcon Compares with other Educational Events
This conference provides an extensive variety of presentations and practical tools designed for different levels of experience and expertise. Each day is filled with new learning opportunities offered by a broad range of educational tracks. Here is a snippet of the session topics:
- Organic & Technical SEO
- Lead Gen
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Content Marketing
- Social Influencer Marketing
- Mobile SEO
- Site Reviews
- Visual Media
- Reputation Management
- Link Building
Top Three Benefits Attending Pubcon
- Session Variety. With 10 tracks in different areas, there is something for everyone.
- Takeaway Tools and Tips. Each session provides tools, tips, suggestions from experts in their niche.
- Session and Speaker Quality. Offering session levels for various areas of experience is a good way to ensure no one feels overwhelmed or bored. If a session is too basic or too technical, other sessions are available. Overall, the speakers are proven professionals who deliver high-quality content with enthusiasm and expertise.
My Top Two Sessions
Survey Monkey – Tom Haley, Keynote, General Session
I’m a total marketing nerd who cannot wait to report on results, so this was one of my favorites. One of the main takeaways from this session is to always think of your respondents FIRST.
Survey tips from the session:
- When developing a survey, think of respondents first.
- First question MATTERS
- Invitation MATTERS
- Timing MATTERS
- Set a topic
- What are you curious about?
- What are others curious about?
- Think mobile
- To increase survey responses, limit to five questions
- Art of asking
- No jargon
- No leading questions
- Less is more!
Visual Media Optimization
I have always been interested in what goes on behind the scenes of a video. This is one marketing area that I intend to pursue as I further develop my skillset. If you haven’t started videos yet, you’re behind the eight ball. Here are three major takeaways from this session:
- Videos and pictures absolutely trump non-pics.
- Guidelines for a successful shoot:
- Always have a shot list
- Start small
- Organize the heck out of your footage
- Enlist help from friend
- Have a contingency plan
- Be patient
- Add 10 seconds of padding on each end of your footage
- Guideline for videos:
- Create for mobile
- Square videos are better than rectangle videos
- Thumb stopping, when your thumb stops scrolling—save the best for first!
- Authenticity is more important than hilarity
- Reinforce your brand
Though I assumed a mega-dollar investment would be required for video startup, the presenter provided a list of the best tools at a reasonable price. If you would like a copy of the list, please contact me here.
For me, a unique aspect of last year’s Pubcon was the presentation of information from other industries. It’s a refreshing and different way to learn new marketing tips and techniques, many of which are applicable to healthcare.